For those whose health and wellbeing are in need of a major overhaul, our Treatment Intensive Retreats are designed to support you in taking time-out from the pace and distraction of your everyday life so you can attend to yourself and your health needs in a dedicated way. We offer a 360-degree approach that aims to help you explore and dive deeply into every aspect of your life, identifying key issues that you wish to address. There may be one or several key foci that are contributing to your illness or health issues, stress or burnout, overwhelm or underwhelm, personal challenges or lifestyle hurdles. Multi-faceted problems need multi-faceted solutions.
We offer a self-contained cottage with a mezzanine bedroom, ensuite and kitchenette-cum-living room in which to nestle in cozily for your retreat. Prior preliminary consultation is necessary as these retreats are bespoke and tailored to your specific needs and treatment requirements, but the following elements are woven together to create a powerfully therapeutic retreat:
- An initial full consultation with Chinese Medicine practitioner Freya Sherlock to assess the full scope of your needs
- A retreat plan is agreed and established
- 1-2 treatments per day as appropriate, which may be Acupuncture, Tuina, Psychotherapy, emotional release or guided self-enquiry
- Morning stretching and gentle yoga
- Morning meditation
- Evening check-in and guided self-reflection
- Organic wholefood meals in accordance with your Chinese Medicine health assessment (all dietary preferences or requirements are catered for except for severe nut allergies)
- Chinese Herbal Medicine formulas are prescribed and freshly decocted each day according to your medical consultation
- 60 acres of our nature haven and gardens to explore, relax and reflect in
- Use of the cabin-cum-sunroom that opens out to the gardens and views
Available as three, five or seven-day retreats.
Initial consult fee: €75
Retreat fee: €275 euro per day includes accommodation, meals, 2 treatments per day and morning yoga/stretching or meditation
Chinese Herbal Medicine: €15 per day extra
3-day retreat @ €900 (not including CHM)
5-day retreat @ €1,350 (not including CHM)
7-day retreat @ €1,850 (not including CHM)
Read more at Sherwood Clinic.